Every year at Ashby House, we strive to help families connect with our community. Many people in the community are aware that Ashby House is the only full time shelter for families and single women. Do you know how many Ashby House programs help local families in need?
- Bridge House is Ashby House’s reintegration program. Bridge House is a State licensed residential and outpatient treatment facility serving women, as well as women with children. Children can reside in our treatment facility with their mothers. Our building consists of 11 apartments, designed to build the skills of independent, sober, family life.
All Ashby House residences provide services, such as life skills, case management, mentoring, spiritual growth encouragement, educational opportunities, employment skills, and possibly most important, love and guidance from 24 hour staff.
- Legacy House specializes in services for pregnant and early postpartum women that are homeless and/or substance abusing. Light House is our transitional housing for women who have graduated from treatment but still need a bit of support. Residents pay a program fee and follow all campus rules and regulations.
- Hope House is a residential program serving young women, ages 18 -22, who are exiting from the foster care system or who are homeless. Hope house provides structured living and the opportunity to learn healthy lifestyle skills.
- Ashby House’s Safe Exchange and Safe Visitation Center, which is housed at 142 S. 7th Street, provides the services of safe exchanges between caregivers, as well as a visitation center for those children who need a safe place to visit their parent with supervision.
- Ashby House Resource Exchange and the Ashby House Free Store serves over 150 residents of Saline County each day, providing clothing, food, and household items.
- Osage House is a one family, residential property off campus that our treatment graduates can transition to if they continue to struggle securing housing.
- Heartland Cornerstone House, is a collaboration between Heartland and Ashby House. Children of Ashby House clients are fast-tracked into both Heartland’s Early Head Start and Head Start programs at Cornerstone.
- Supportive Housing is our newest service. Ten apartments are available for long term supportive housing for families. Clients pay rent (based on income) and utilities as they increase job skills through training or education.