Family Transitional Housing Needs
For the last we have been renovating our new family transitional housing units. There are a total of 10 apartments each with two bedrooms. As remodeling is completed on each apartment and families are ready to move in, we are in need of household items. This program does not use government funding and we therefore are working to maximize every penny donated.
Clients living in this housing are employed and pay reduced rent while working with Ashby House staff to advance their workplace or educational goals in order to become fully independent. The children of these families are able to learn and develop without the fear and instability of becoming homeless.
Below is a wish list of items we are in search of to help furnish the apartments. Gently used or new is preferred.
If you have large items like a mattress or table, please call 785.826.4935 to schedule a pickup. You may schedule a time to drop off at the housing property by calling Jeff at 785.826.4935.
- Counter top microwaves (900 watts or above)
- Twin mattresses
- Cribs with mattress
- Crib Sheets
- Flat and fitted twin size sheets
- Pillows (new)
- Bedside table lamps
- Flat screen televisions, smaller sizes (32 inch or smaller?) The living rooms are not huge, so we need flat-screen.
- Children DVD's. (Disney, educational, etc.)
- Bath mats
- Silverware sets
- Pots, pans, skillets, cookie sheets, muffin pans etc.
- Dish sets
- Tupperware (washable food storage containers)
- Cooking utensils (spoons, measuring cups, spatulas, mixing bowls, whisks, can openers, measuring spoons, etc.)
- Crock-pots, blenders, casserole dishes, mixing bowels etc.
- Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Last updated: 4/13/2018
Thank you for supporting Ashby House in empowering families to improve self-sufficiency.
Jeff Shaw, MS